Author Topic: Observations about my consultation with Dr. John G. Kennedy at HSS  (Read 11198 times)

Offline cshires

• View Profile
Re: Observations about my consultation with Dr. John G. Kennedy at HSS
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2016, 06:35:19 PM »
RN- so glad to hear you're on the other side and doing well!

Interesting how two leading surgeons at the same hospital have a different protocol for the same surgery -- Drakos does 6-weeks of NWB while Kennedy does 4 weeks. This sort of thing perplexes me. I tried asking about it but was told that it must be a different surgery/different injury. Of course, I know that the people I'm corresponding with had MF, BMAC and Biocartilage...so who knows what the reason is... ?

Offline RN1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2016, 10:23:24 AM »
Thanks so much. I'm glad to see that you are doing well and it sounds like you are progressing nicely. I didn't have MF done to my ankle, just BMAC/Biocartilage. He also doesn't allow the use of a scooter for two weeks post-op. I just started my PT, mainly ROM exercises.
I agree that it could also be the size of the lesion, amount of cartilage damage etc. that dictates the differences in after care. In my experience, even if the doctors are in the same practice, often times treatment regimens may differ based on clinical experience, training and of course the patient.

In addition, I would definitely listen to your body. If you feel like you are overdoing it, you probably are. And the good news, Your getting closer each day to being back to your ole self ;)

Offline anneb455

• View Profile

Melbusefi

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2018, 04:28:49 PM »
Cshires, how are you doing?

Offline cshires

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2018, 05:23:24 PM »
Hi Melbusefi,

Take a look at my post surgery journal here: http://osteochondraldefect.net/forum/index.php?topic=247.0

My last post is still current status for me.

Offline FrankJScott

• View Profile
Updated Product Info
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2024, 03:48:26 PM »
Please try Google before asking about Best Product Website c9ce85e