Author Topic: Pain after Ankle Microfracture  (Read 2471 times)

Offline Nancy P

• View Profile
Pain after Ankle Microfracture
« on: April 21, 2016, 11:40:41 AM »
Surgery 10/6/15, still pain, even worse, was better Nov, Dec., Jan, Feb.  Did dance a bit 3/5/16, probably shouldn't have done so.  Then I want down lots of stairs to get to train (Boston MBTA), will not do that again.  Now having another MRI (first one post-op).  Dr. was trying to hold off as he said there is still lots of fluid and he hopes to get a good picture.  Doc did tell me to expect 50% pain, 75% less pain, etc. as time goes on.  My gate is off, I'm afraid to walk, I feel like I will never be normal again, able to walk normal, free my mind of constant "on-guard" worry.  Can anyone comment to any of this?  I pray lots, meditate, use essential oils, do my PT (but even afraid of this), can't even stand too long.  Sometimes the pain causes be to verbally "ouch" -- anyone?  Thank you.  Hoping for the best.

Offline BLT

• View Profile
Re: Pain after Ankle Microfracture
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 05:46:17 PM »
Nancy - its hard to say. It depends on the nature of your OCD and how good your surgeon was. From what you're telling us, it's most likely because you went back to somewhat strenuous activity way too early.

Or...it's possible the microfracture didn't work quite right. I wouldn't fret too much...I had the exact same problem. In fact, when my pain came back after the microfracture surgery, the pain was worse. I went to Dr. Ferkel to have a Denovo implant and now I'm about 15 months post op and feeling great.

Offline Nancy P

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 04:08:04 PM »
BLT, as it turns out, I have another injury very close to the surgery site...a tendon with lots of fluid around it and a possible tear (although surgeon is debating on the Radiologist's report re the tear after examining me.)  So, that is why the sharp stabbing pain, just a tad to the right, more post lateral...Prescribed Voltaren Gel 4x/day and PT which I'm starting Mon.  Hoping/praying this works...  Surgeon did say that the surgery site looks very good, and showed me the MRI pictures also...

I'm not wild about the ingredients in Voltaren...I also use essential oils....still in brace...back to surgeon in 6 weeks, but I'll for sooner visit if I don't get relief with his prescription.

Thank you for your response.  I was so relieved to find this website!

Offline anneb455

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 12:40:13 AM »
Nancy hang in there, we are all in this same boat… I struggle with walking and it is worse since the surgery, but I think its just going to take time. Voltaron should help. Anne