Author Topic: Concerned  (Read 9778 times)

Offline BLT

• View Profile
Re: Concerned
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2017, 01:00:44 AM »
Sarah - it's very disheartening to read about this. When I read about doctors that don't care, it reminds me of what I go through when I accompany my dad to the doctor's office.

OCD require good understanding, like really good understanding, on the part of the patient. When I first had my OCD, microfracture was still the main solution at the time. Now there's more, so in a way you have something to look forward to. Some of us that had it much earlier had to endure years of pain before something viable was found.

That bad doctors are quick to judge and place blame on the patient or don't listen to the patient. They think all patients are alike and tend to prescribe the same treatment options across the board. Avoid these kind of doctors as much as you can. You need a surgeon that looks at each case with a fresh set of eyes.

I wish you the best, I really do.

Offline sazzakablazza

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2017, 07:52:04 AM »
Sarah - it's very disheartening to read about this. When I read about doctors that don't care, it reminds me of what I go through when I accompany my dad to the doctor's office.

OCD require good understanding, like really good understanding, on the part of the patient. When I first had my OCD, microfracture was still the main solution at the time. Now there's more, so in a way you have something to look forward to. Some of us that had it much earlier had to endure years of pain before something viable was found.

That bad doctors are quick to judge and place blame on the patient or don't listen to the patient. They think all patients are alike and tend to prescribe the same treatment options across the board. Avoid these kind of doctors as much as you can. You need a surgeon that looks at each case with a fresh set of eyes.

I wish you the best, I really do.

Thank you very much BLT.

Ostenil (hyaluronic acid) injection next Wed 22 Mar, then a 1 week rehab course 5-13 Apr. We shall see how it goes!

Offline sazzakablazza

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2017, 10:04:51 AM »
Update;

So I had the Ostenil injection one week ago and my ankle feels worse if anything and I have been given Tramadol to take when required.

I am being admitted to Headley Court 5-13 Apr. I saw my physio who will be with me during the rehab course and she said it is more for education and pain management etc due to the fact I cannot do much exercise because of the pain. It is looking highly likely that I will be having more surgery, but I had pretty much already accepted that fact.

I am going to request being referred to a Lt Col orthopaedic surgeon who works down in Surrey for a consultation.