Author Topic: I am 12 days out until Surgery  (Read 2352 times)

Offline AMusicGirl

• View Profile
I am 12 days out until Surgery
« on: December 01, 2016, 06:59:40 AM »
so I just saw my doctor yesterday for my pre-op appointment my surgery day is on 12/12 and I will be having a debriment with micofracture with a possible bone graft and pretty much if it's in a weird spot and he can't get to it comfortably he is going to have to open up. 'My lesion is 11mm wide x 6mm long x 4mm deep. which I tripped over my cousins dog getting up in the morning. Also he said I will have a splint then a cast then a walking boot. I was going to be originally be out for 6 weeks but after a discussion about my job I will be out for 3 months which I feel good about since I need to take care of myself for once. But I'm extremely nervous but also ready at the same time it's been a long time coming the previous doctor wanted me to loose weight before he would consider surgery but I appreciate this doctor fighting for me it's been almost 2 years that I've had this injury.

Offline seth47

• View Profile
Re: I am 12 days out until Surgery
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 03:56:26 PM »
Best wishes. The process was challenging, but the surgery was a big improvement for me.

Offline AMusicGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 09:22:13 PM »
Thanks Seth I think what's comforting is that the doctor said he blocked out two hours but he said he won't leave the OR until he is satisfied with it which again is also reassuring. 

Offline scubagarth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2023, 06:40:46 AM »
How are you doing, 7 years later?