Author Topic: Mosaicoplasty as treatment for my knee osteochondritis  (Read 7326 times)

Offline Lucas

• View Profile
Mosaicoplasty as treatment for my knee osteochondritis
« on: June 26, 2009, 08:00:21 PM »
Hello All,

I found this forum in reddit and I just wanted to leave my experience. I was diagnosed with osteochondritis about 9 years ago and I decided going to surgery a few days ago.

My surgeon choose arthroscopical mosaicoplasty to implant osteochondral material in my knee. It seems surgery went just fine and I've to see my doctor next week. It's really a pain in the ass but surgery seems to be the way to go. I will be posting more about it as soon as I get more information.

I couldn't find that much information out there about mosaicoplasty as treatment for osteochondritis, specially testimonials. So if anybody knows anything about it I will appreciate any information you may share.

Sorry about my English, it's not my primary language.

Lucas

Offline ryenlites

• View Profile
Re: Mosaicoplasty as treatment for my knee osteochondritis
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 11:17:51 AM »
where is the donor cartilage coming from?

Offline Lucas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 11:10:08 AM »
Doctor said had two options, cadaverous tissue or my own femur. Depending on the size of the defect he could opt for one or another. However at the moment of the surgery he chose to extract tissue from my own femur from zones with low charge.

It's been 7 days now from the surgery and I could tell I'm quite good so far. I have to use crutches for about month and a half. And, according to the doctor, I've to wait about a year to start playing sports demanding knee impact such soccer, tennis or running.

Offline ryenlites

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 12:00:34 AM »
good luck with that, dont overdo it during recovery

Offline Lucas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 04:32:59 PM »
Thanks, as soon as I have the video of my surgery will upload and post here. Surgeon used 9 bones implants took from my femur. So far my knee is evolving quite fine.