Author Topic: Lipofilling for best rehabilitation?  (Read 2328 times)

Offline John

• View Profile
Lipofilling for best rehabilitation?
« on: January 29, 2017, 02:33:17 PM »
Hi All,
I had microdrilling surgery for my ankle in October. After the drilling doctor did lipo transplantation from my stomach to joint. Also, just yesterday doc retry it, as it should have BMAC-like effect as doctor said.
But I could not find any information about it here or in Internet. Did anybody had same surgery and did it help?

p.s. looks like the medical name is "autologous fat grafts"
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 03:26:58 PM by John »

Offline John

• View Profile
Re: Lipofilling for best rehabilitation?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 07:09:59 PM »
By the way, that looks useless. I didn't get any benefits from it.
You can find some researches, that fat doesn't contain any usefull cells, which bone marrow has.

Offline ocdnetadmin

• Administrator
  • admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 01:32:22 PM »
Thanks for sharing your experience John. I love it when people come back after a period of time and update everyone with their progress. It's super helpful to the community.

I'm kinda confused as why the doctor would want to transplant fat to your joint... shouldn't he be doing a graft with cartilage?
That's what OATS is after all, transferring cartilage from the knee to your ankle joint.

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 08:16:49 PM »
Hi Alan, why are you asking about graft with cartiliage - isn't it the general surgery to fixing the ocd?
I had microdrilling.
The procedure I'm talking about should be almost the same to "Surgical Footage of the BMAC for Knee Osteoarthritis Procedure"(but with fat) after the main surgery. There are some video about it, e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKtF765it5o . At least they are separate the plasma here. But research I read says fat doesn't contain stim cells for cartilage recovery and that's look true.
So seems my doctor 1)lyed me to get some money or 2)don't even understand what he did
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 06:52:00 AM by John »