Author Topic: Tendonitis after OCD surgery  (Read 1434 times)

Offline Namelike

• View Profile
Tendonitis after OCD surgery
« on: March 03, 2017, 09:01:10 AM »
Hi all,

Has anyone else experienced tendonitis after OCD surgery (or particularly DeNovo)?

I am a little over 2 years out from DeNovo surgery 12/2014, which was my third surgery in 2 years. The talus itself feels great and I don't have the leg buckling pain that I used to. However, for pretty much a year and a half now, I have been experiencing (I think) tendon pain, stiffness, and weird vibrating/humming/tingling sensations. It is worse after being at rest for a while but when I am up and moving all day it tends to feel better.

My doctors have told me that it is due to weakness and if I get stronger the pain will resolve. However my PT is kind of limited by the pain. When I go up on my toes I feel a little crunching around my Achilles and I also feel a sharp shooting pain on what I think is my peroneal tendon down to under my foot. I also feel a little pain on the inside of my ankle, medial to my achilles. It started to feel better for a little bit but recently, I don't know whether it is a flare up or what, but it feels like it has gotten worse. I got an MRI a few months ago and they said the OCD looks great and is still completely filled in so I really don't think the surgery itself failed.

Is this in fact tendonitis? Could it possibly be a year that didn't show up on MRI? If so, what else could they do to diagnose?

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it resolvable?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 09:04:46 AM by Namelike »

Offline N413

• View Profile
Re: Tendonitis after OCD surgery
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 11:21:41 PM »
I recently had my surgery however I can say I had very similar symptoms before the surgery, and I was told it was tendonitis/sore tendons based on compensation from the defect. I have similar pain that shoots down my foot right into where the peroneal tendon attaches to the 5th metatarsal. In addition I too have pain near the Achilles however mine is on the lateral side. I am currently 7 weeks out of surgery and beginning to place weight on my leg and I can already tell that the peroneal pain is returning, however it is not yet significant enough to be sure whats going on. It does sound similar to what you're experiencing.