Author Topic: Unique OCD Pain?  (Read 1574 times)

Offline johnnyjuice99

• View Profile
Unique OCD Pain?
« on: July 15, 2017, 09:20:53 PM »
Hi All - looking for some input on my pain and if anyone else have had similar symptoms. I suffered an injury where I jumped in the air and landed on my ankle inverted, with all my weight. Since then I have been getting sharp pain in the medial ankle behind the malleolous. It was diagnosed as OCD, and had Arthroscopic surgery to remove scar tissue in the joint. I continue to have the same pain in the medial ankle along with a new anterior ankle pain post surgery. I can rotate my ankle in any direction oain free, as long as my leg is not fully flexed straight. If the leg is flexed straight, I can't point my foot down without a sharp initial pain. I have to move my ankle so slowly to ensure the pain isnt as strong. Scale 1-10, the pain can be a 9 if i'm not careful with moving my ankle. I am now NWB and Dr. is still trying to find where the pain is coming from. I have attached a photo showing where the pain is found, with dots reflecting the main area of the pain originates. Every doctor I have spoken to has always shown skepticism of what the true injury is. It is now almost a year since the ankle injury and now at this point where I have to reach out to others to get this resolved.  Thanks for any input!

Offline ocdnetadmin

• Administrator
  • admin
    • View Profile
Re: Unique OCD Pain?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 08:31:48 PM »
Sounds like you need to find some new doctors. Don't just approach random podiatrists; do research and make sure they have experience with OCDs.

Offline Pterin79

• View Profile
Re: Unique OCD Pain?
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 10:53:01 PM »
Is there a duralumin's component?  If scar tissue has been removed I am sure more scar tissue has developed   So I wonder if there are adhesions that are keeping you from moving the joint. As well as tightness through the posterior tibial nerve. Are you seeing a PT still?  If not look for one that and help With releasing thisc and dural work.