Author Topic: Newly diagnosed with ocd. Is this small enough not to worry about?  (Read 1476 times)

Offline Patish

• View Profile
Newly diagnosed with ocd. Is this small enough not to worry about?
« on: September 19, 2017, 04:01:19 PM »
I recently sprained my left ankle July 14.  I feel mostly ok.  However it pinches and gets stuck a few times a week. I thought maybe it was my peroneal tendon subluxing, but my MRI says they are fine.  I frequently injure this ankle and am fed up with crutches.  Is this ocd Small? I find out Thursday what the doctor thinks. I dread being non weightbearing  again with 3 boys.  Is swimming Ok?  How far can you push it?

My MRI states Bone marrow edema pattern talar dome lateral aspect with an osteochondral lesion about 3mmx4 to  5 mm extending AP about 7mm with some reactive edema.  I do not see a loose fragment.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 10:28:38 AM by Patish »

Offline Patish

• View Profile
Re: Newly diagnosed with ocd. Is this small enough not to worry about?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 07:36:49 PM »
I was given a boot but not NWB today at my doctor appointment. He does sports medicine and referred me to an ankle and foot os.  So far my boot causes more pain. AM I wearing it wrong? Is there anything I can do to make it more comfortable?  Is there any evidence that nwb is more effective than a boot or vice versa. I just don't see how a boot is better.

Offline ocdnetadmin

• Administrator
  • admin
    • View Profile
Re: Newly diagnosed with ocd. Is this small enough not to worry about?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 03:56:24 PM »
If the boot hurts, tell the Doctor. I wore a boot and it's not supposed to cause more pain, it's supposed to ease the pain.