Author Topic: Diagnosed with OCD  (Read 1278 times)

Offline gyohannes

• View Profile
Diagnosed with OCD
« on: January 28, 2018, 11:25:09 PM »
Hi my name Gideon and i was diagnosed with OCD a little over a year ago. The surgeon recommended surgery but I was writing a PhD dissertation at the time and did not want the surgery to distract me so I put off the surgery until I completed writing the dissertation. I am not yet done but i can't bear the pain anymore.If i get up in the middle of the night to use the john i have to literally drag my feet because i am afraid i will bump into something that will cause pain to my ankle. I am planning to go see several orthopedic surgeons and wondered what i could do in terms of doing my homework to interact intelligibly with the surgeon regarding the OCD in my bone.What are some of the things i should look for and consider in an orthopedic surgeon? How do you assess an OPS (orthopedic surgeon)?I would really appreciate if anyone out there can give me some pointers. Thanks in advance!

Offline ocdnetadmin

• Administrator
  • admin
    • View Profile
Re: Diagnosed with OCD
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 11:31:57 PM »
Hello Gideon. Glad to see you've successfully posted.

Do you have the MRI of your injury saved on file somewhere? or even the physical copy. Doctors will need to reference this or else they might make you take another MRI.

I recommend starting with that: get your MRI and get it analyzed, specifically, size of your defect, location of defect, and any other relevant details. Once you find these please post them here, as well as bring them to your doctor's visits.

Finally, you may want to research other users' experiences withi doctors on this forum. It's a rare injury so generally we tend to use the same small circle of doctors.

Offline gyohannes

• View Profile
Re: Diagnosed with OCD
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 10:20:24 AM »
Hello Alan, thanks for your advice. Yes i have the MRI result of my right ankle taken on 11-16-2016. The report reads, 'There is an osteochondral defect of the medial taller dome measuring 15 AP by 8mm TR by 11mm in depth.Subchondral cyst formation and prominent bone marrow edema with sclerosis is noted.' No unstable fragment is identified. I am not sure what all this means but I welcome any help i can get towards understanding the size of the lesion. What is the appropriate procedure for this particular lesion. 11mm in depth seems pretty deep but then i may be wrong. Does this help?