Author Topic: Recommendations for DeNovo implanters in Philadelphia/East Coast?  (Read 2496 times)

Offline Namelike

• View Profile
Hello everyone. I (27/M) had a microfracture surgery in September 2012. I felt great for a whole but unfortunately the cartilage degenerated and I have severe pain again. My OS recommended the OATS knee to ankle surgery, and didn't think DeNovo was a good option. After researching more online I'd like to consider DeNovo. Does anyone have any recommendations for physicians in philadelphia or in the Northeast? Thank you!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 10:09:48 AM by Namelike »

Offline ColSteve

• View Profile
Re: Recommendations for DeNovo implanters in Philadelphia/East Coast?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 03:39:02 PM »
Hi Namelike,

Not sure if you have heard anything back yet.  I have no first hand knowledge for this region of the country, but have heard that Dr. Lew Schon of MedStar Union Memorial Hospital in Baltimore is very good (on the "top 25" list for 2012,13 FWIW) and I believe that he does DeNovo.  Again, I have NO experience with him, but I think others on this forum have.   Good Luck!   Steve

Offline mhop

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 09:03:35 PM »
I will second the Dr. Schon recommendation.  Just got back from a 9 hour trip to see him.  The follow-up appointment went well. status 9 months post- Denovo surgery.

Offline Namelike

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 11:09:36 AM »
Thank you for the replies! I have an appointment to see him 9/9.